History

On September 10, 1958, St. Theresa Parish, under the guidance of Pastor Monsignor Robert Cullen, opened the doors to St. Theresa Elementary School. The school welcomed 174 students in grades one through four.  The original faculty consisted of three Holy Names Sisters and one lay teacher.

The single story structure had eight classrooms, a principal’s office, clinic and library. By 1962, enrollment expanded to include eight grades. The school added a science and art center in 1986 and a kindergarten in 1989.

In 2006, St. Theresa Parish embarked on a large-scale capital campaign to update and modernize the campus, successfully raising approximately $6 million. Construction began in the fall of 2007 and was completed in January 2009.  The school gained a state of the art Computer Lab, a brand-new gymnasium & event center as well as an expanded kindergarten space, a new faculty lounge for teachers and meeting rooms for the entire community.

Read our History Book.